Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend, Waiting fro Grandpap's

So I've not posted any more of my Grandfather's Pocket Pal because I'm waiting for my slacker mother to photo copy more of it and mail it to me. In her defense she has been busy teaching school children something or other.

My weekend was a fine one. Friday night Amy, Marc, Tiger, Devin, Dylan, Angie and I all went to see Electric 6 at the Key Club. They were really very good as always. Playing many new songs of the new album, except for Pink Flamingos, and that I can hardly forgive... Fun night though, I was actually able to find an outfit that I had never worn before, it was really a fun number.
Amy and I ended up walking around the neighborhood late into the night again, talking through issues vital to the day. It was a fun night.

Saturday we slept late late late. Like 5:30 or something. Ouch. We both woke up not feeling all that perfect but our friend Tiger really wanted us to go to the L.A. Burning Man Decompression, so we sucked it up and through on pretty outfits and headed out the door. We picked up Devin & Dylan and headed cross Hollywood. Upon getting to the festival, which was downtown near 1st and Temple, I was starting to be glad we went. It was really an interesting event, and certainly made me want to attend Burning Man at least sometime in the next few years.

We left the Burning Man event around 11:30, stopping on the way home by Solar City's house. We were dying to hear the final mix of Slut Buffet and he happened to be having a party and said he'd just finished it. His party was very good. Many tidy gay men and a well stocked bar and lots and some good eats. After some drinking and mingling we were invited back into the studio for the unveiling. The studio was full of people for the listening, which was really fun, I was thrilled to know that I really believed in the song, and that the crowd gathered in the room was certainly going to love it. After sometime filled with software difficulties and much funny heckling the mix poured out. Very high energy, very good time. The room bursted into applause in the end. Marc say's we have a hit.

Sunday was another late sleep day. Amy woke up not well. I drove to Noah's Bagels in order to make her feel better, returning home with many delights. We spent the day doing little to nothing. We watched "The Pentagon Papers" and "Chinatown", both of which I really enjoyed. We had dinner at Canter's.

No comments: