Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jesus God, can this be real?


Wow. Okay. I'm going to Tahiti, or French Polynesia in 25 days. How the hell do I get to do this? My person of significance is very significant, especially in French Polynesia, where she books many trips a year for people with many dollars. So in part, she won a trip out of a drawing. Travel agents that book the destination were allowed one entry in a drawing for every trip that they would book to French Polynesia during a particular time of year. She booked way more than anyone else during that particular time, so her odds of winning the drawing were much better than anyone else. So she won. That gave airfare to the islands and then some meals and hotel. What it didn't include was taxes and inter-island airfare. That can add up. We are going to be there 7 days and will probably visit up to 5 islands. Luckily since she was supposed to take a fam trip (familiarization trip), which would have been paid for by her tour operator. So she agreed to combine her free trip with her fam trip, thus getting meals and taxes and inter-island air paid for, hopefully (Buck Crosses Fingers).

So wow though. I just got my passport this year, and now I'll have had occasion to use it twice. Unreal. In looking at this year, it doesn't seem to me to be all that wild but, if all goes well with this trip (Buck Crosses Fingers), then in less than one year and 3 months, I will have been for the first time to Hawaii, Tahiti, Iceland, Seattle, Portland and New York. With all trips off the mainland being basically free. WTF? How do I have it so good? Could someone slap the fucking shit out of me the next time I am in a bad mood. Can we do that for me please? Good.

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

You're a fartnocker with a snot nose and I'll bitch slap you any time!