Thursday, September 01, 2005

SG Undead @ El Cid

Today on the Shitting Glitter website we posted mp3's of a live performance at El Cid. I have always had a special place in my heart for live recordings, going back to the first bootleg cds of Nine Inch Nails shows that I was able to acquire. I loved the sound of those shows live, the cool part about the Shitting Glitter shows I have live is that due to similarity of instrumentation they have a similar sound to them, it makes me feel warm and gooey. This particular show is great fun, we were all very angry at the bands before us, they dicked around a really pushed the principal of "how long can we put off playing so we get the biggest possible crowd" to it's full potential. During the course of the evening every single person who performs in our humble outfit expressed the desire to just leave, I said no, and I had good reason, Hoagie Hill, who is doing a fine job of mixing our album, was in the audience for the first time ever, I figured if he was willing to wait it out to listen, then we should be willing to wait it out to play, and wait we all did. The show itself felt great, I felt the electricity, I felt a HUGE release from all the tension and anger that comes from believing in something and having peers disrespect it. It felt very much alive, and there it is, the songs live.

No comments: