Friday, September 02, 2005

All the aching life

I am sick to my gut this morning, flipping through all the news all over this internet. I hate seeing this president of ours standing in front of rescue and relief workers, making a shitty political photo op speech, when those people behind him could be out getting someone off a roof top, or handing someone a fucking sandwich.
I feel gross. I am dieting because I'm carrying a few extra pounds, while people in New Orleans wait days for food and water. I'm am uncomfortable because the air conditioning in the office where I work is too cold. I feel embarrassed to be Human, I feel ashamed to be an American.
How has our world come to the state that it is in?
I see no leaders anywhere, I see power hungry opportunist that take with one hand and kill with the other. Greed and confusion reign supreme. People are not even aware of the indifference.
I have not been a very good person.
We have not been good people.
Fingers are pointing in all directions and everyone catches rubber bullets in the cross fire.

No comments: