Friday, September 23, 2005

Tell it Iron Mountain and No Words are Safe

Last night due to my brothers day job we were invited to attend a party for the business improvement district for the Hollywood Media....er... District... It was held high a top Iron Mountain, a large film storage facility in the heart of Hollywood. You can't miss Iron Mountain, it looks less like a storage facility and more like a HUGE grain elevator pickup in a Midwestern twister and smacked down in the middle of movieville with HUGE Ipod signs stuck to the side.
I have always wanted to go to the top, I don't imagine many people ever have, fewer of which have ever had the pleasure of swilling free good beer, eating great free food and listening to their nervous older brother try their hand at public speech. I loved every moment of it, from the time I got off the subway at Hollywood Blvd and Highland, walking the few blocks south in awe of the structure I would finally conquer, to the last click click of the elevator ride down. I am proud of my brother and the way he's living his life, and I'm totally thankful for the free nosh.

This past week has been a matter of rush and recovery. Early in the week we did vocals for a Folsom Street Fair only release of a brand new song "No Safe Words", backed with a B-side of "Happy Birthday" by Altered Images. Last night and Wednesday I spent mixing them. NSW turned out well, it features my programming on the verse and Devin's on the chorus and the break, still it manages to gel well. The cover recording is a bit of a stylistic departure, I can't explain why it works so different, but I enjoy it.
More on this next week.

1 comment:

sgtranny said...

one glorious discovery missing from the aforetold tale, is the speakeasy on floor 14th of the mountain. as luck would have it, there were loose lips on the ship and we have photos of the fantastic leftovers in our cameraphones. we had a toast to the many costumes hollywood wears.