Monday, September 13, 2004

Mind your stern

At work again and the full tilt of the week is before me. I can see into the barrel, a bullet named Monday already through my head, I can see Tuesday and I know there are more behind and below it.
The weekend was hot hot arduous. Nearly all the recording for the single is complete in nice level stacks of 15 or 16. A spare back up vocal and an errant baseline remain.
This week will no doubt be a mix of high temperature and frustrated mixing.
Today sadly the rightful owner of our fabulously borrowed microphone awoke to find it missing. A very kind girl got yelled at for the sake of the music and I feel really bad about that. The show goes on and I'm sure now that we will not be so lucky as to use it for our album. eesh.
As if sensing the week a to come last night we were treated to a plastic meal of fantastic raw fish that a king could consume in proper royal court. We followed the meal with a mad dash reminder to a karaoke host friend, a song and a beer when you least expected it, thanks for everything and here's to life.
Tonight I hope to tie up a those last few recording ends. Bend it all up and call it okay. Okay? Who really can tell?
I am a reluctant scarred cat sometimes, most times actually. I have reminded myself of that over and over... Don't say no so quick. Don't think of the reason it won't work. Be a fool who tried it. Shikes...I could dwell in the land of the inspirational poster and come back with a horn of plenty. I see those people around me who have made the decision that life is a one chance idea that you get to think up as you go. I have seen them hold rock steady to an idea they had the good chance to encounter and plug through all the negative nats in the world, only to surprise! Explosion! Succeed! Success! Some fucking people are just so precious that I need to stop and watch and grow the fuck on, move, warning shots are only fired in bad movies and occasionally, certain backwards southern states.

1 comment:

downtown said...

What else can be said?

You brill-jant, boy-ee.

Among my believeable needs:
the NEED to return to my homeland, which nestles between Fairfax and LaBrea;
between Sunset and Olympic.

Merciful Heavens, how do I miss BUCKIE and his turf,
Los Angeles.

xoxo,
Downtown