Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sin and the City

I'm getting super excited to go play in Las Vegas this Saturday. I realize that I've never actually performed there. My old band played there right after they broke up with me so I missed it. I'm excited to spend a weekend with my good friends in a fun location. I think our set list is tight and ready and well thought out. The band has never sounded better then we sound right now. I love playing music and I love road trips to play music.

It's a sin to put miles on the earth in pursuit of mindless escapism. Thinking about the earth bleeding into the ocean as I drive many miles is sobering and sickening. I know this, but I'm going to do it anyway. Does this make me a bad person? There are a lot of hard questions we need to start asking ourselves about the way we live.

My evening work outs are getting harder. The sun is much more present at 5pm than it was at 6:45. Yesterday I ran hill sprints and skipped rope. I thought I might die for a moment but I suppose that is when it's working. I'm feeling better from it and my body is looking nicer. It's hard for me, to continue with a strict regimen I have to get in as many days a week as possible and I have a lot happening in the next couple of weeks. If I miss too many days in a row I lose a routine very easily and that scares me because I'm enjoying myself a lot right now.

Rehearsal tonight.

No comments: