Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Day 15 and a Miss and Memorial Day

Friday night was another circuit workout in Plummer Park. This one was hearty and 10 stations long with a jog in between. We completed the circuit 3 times. At the end of the workout everyone was completely wiped, sittin gon the edge of the tennis courts. The sun was setting and the park was teaming with all manner of people, young and alike. I felt rather accomplished and peaceful and ready to begin a 3 day weekend.

Work hasn't been so fun for me lately. It's been stressful and at times ridiculous. I was really looking forward to removing my mind from the struggle for a spell.

Friday night Angela and I stayed up late catching up with each other having hardly seen one another for the entire week. We watched our TV shows and drank beer on the couch. We made a brief visit to the pool and hot tub around 10 pm for a nice swim and soak. It was a fun night catching up with Angela and enjoying each others company. We made vague plans for our weekend chores and went to bed around 330 am.

Saturday morning Angela woke up around 10:30. I had made coffee before going to bed and woke up briefly around 7:00am to turn it on. Angela is groggy to the extreme when she wakes up and is therefore pretty useless until she has her coffee, she is in fact so groggy it's nearly dangerous for her to make her own coffee. On this morning I heard her wake up and while she ventured into the bathroom I went and poured her a cop, gathered her glasses and turned the TV on to her morning program. I then met her at the bathroom door and walked her carefully to the couch so that she might sit down and begin to wake up. I went right back to bed.

I woke up around 11:30 to see a text from Ben that he and Roxie would be heading to Naja's in Redondo Beach for a bit of beer. Angela and I thought this seemed like a good idea so we got ready and headed down to meet them. Naja's is a great little spot on the boardwalk with over 100 different beers on tap. I tried a couple of them and thoroughly enjoyed them. We then road a tilt-a-whirl, went of a walk and head home. Saturday night was a lazy night where we just couldn't see fit to leave the house.

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday, though Angela started much earlier than I did. We had many chores to complete on this day. Angela did a lot of them before I even started my day. I hung a few pictures and some decorative jewels which Devin had given to Angela a while back. They look smashing above our bathroom mirror. I then went out to pick up quarters for laundry. I did 4 loads while Angela napped. I started working on a Cover of "wouldn't it be good" by Nick Kershaw for Turbo Sunshine. I loaded the song in and Programmed the Drum beat in a couple of hours. I found that the song is deceptive in it's simplicity. There are some interesting things going on which I had not noticed until I was deep into the bowels of the song's skeleton. I am forever impressed with the work other musicians have managed to complete. I would do good to perform more pop song autopsies.

Sunday Night a new friend of mine, Nancie, came over to meet Angela for the first time. She is such a wonderful lady. We sat on our patio and had several beers and visited with Rebbecca and Loren. After Rebbecca and Loren went home we went out for a couple of drinks at The Big Foot Lodge.

On memorial day we washed and vacuumed the car and went to Fresh and Easy to stock up on a bunch of groceries. We always grab as many extra coupons as we can when they arrive in the mail and we had a stack about to expire. We stocked up on freezable items and canned goods. I then drove across town to move Devin's car so he would not get ticket or towed while out of town.

We finished our weekend with BBQ in the park in our apartment complex. Angela, Rebbecca, Loren, Tiger and I all ate well at a picnic table in the moderate southern California climate. We drank drinks and we played games. It felt nice and I enjoyed it.

I did skip out on Boot Camp because of the holiday. I'm going to forgive me for it and keep on keeping on. I'm going to start counting calories I think. Robin has been telling us it's the best way to diet, that science will not let you down. I did some calculating and figured out my BMR, along with my different activity multipliers and it was some interesting stuff. Now to put it all into practice.

No comments: