Monday, June 07, 2010

The Graduate

Friday night was the last boot camp. Robin showed up peppy and ready to work. After a very short period of stretching and hellos we got down to crunches, we did 200 of them right off the bat and I guessed quickly and correctly that his goal would be to get 1000 in. Robin was pushing extra hard through out the work out and I could not figure out why. Finally after just 40 minutes he stopped and told us we had all done a great job. He then walked over and picked up a bunch of dog tags and started to have a small ceremony to mark our month of work. He told a little bit about each graduate and then hugged us and handed us our tags. They say "Kiwi Thunder Crops." on one and "Boot Camp Graduate" on the other. It was cute and I felt really accomplished to have taken the time to go through the experience.
I packed my back pack this morning with work out clothes and shoes, almost out of habit. I plan to continue to work out as hard as possible and with as much variety as I can manage. I feel the variety injected into working out was perhaps the most useful part of the boot camp experience. That and being pushed hard. Tonight I plan to stop in Griffith park on my way home and do my own version of a boot camp work out. I want to continue to build off of my hard work and I also have found I really enjoy working out in a park. It will take a little bit of courage to be out there alone looking like a fool but I think it's worth while.

This weekend was short and I miss it. We got a good bit of work done and we had a wonderful time at the drive in last night seeing "Get him to the Greek" and "Iron Man 2". The sky was so perfect grey last night.

No comments: