Monday, March 12, 2007

You Can Have Another Rib, Just Give Me Back My Hour

I'm not happy, I should just now be getting to work, but thanks to this day light savings idea, I've been here an entire hour. One should point out that daylight can not be saved, only used. I feel like I've been used, by a clock.

This weekend, prior to it's abrupt end, was a wonderful fun time that I very much enjoyed. Friday night, Amy and I were to go hang out with a couple of friends down town. A simple enough Idea. On the drive down the plan seemed to make a little less sense then i originally thought, but still nothing would prepare me for the strange sensation of walking into a bar expecting to see no one only to find a large table full of all my closest bestest LA friends all saying something about surprise. It was really a special thing.

I got many many wonderful gifts. I was very touched by the gesture. I like my friends.

Saturday was a lazy day spent in recovery from the festivities that had ran into the wee the night before. I got to watch many episodes of the television show wings, the first and second seasons of which were gifted to me by my brother and his other of significance. I also got to listen to the new nine inch nails single, watch them in concert last year, read a scanner darkly and rock and rolls 50 strangest moments, while listening to The soundtrack to The US vs. John Lennon, or Future Sex/Lovesounds, while I played guitar with a new strap and picked it with wonderful picks which now have a special place in which they stick, all the while eating a bag of the best cookies ever, which I'll now have to run off in the coming weeks with my brand new trail runner shoes, which were picked out and sized superbly. I also had a balloon and dolphin cards.

And I don't have to age now for 7 more days.

I guess it should be noted, that I started this post whining, and by the end of it I've come to the conclusion that I have nothing really to whine about. I like to sleep, but I like to live a little bit more. Can't really live without sleeping, and if you could would you want to? I sure wouldn't.


We recorded yesterday, but I feel that should be a new post.

No comments: