Friday, January 19, 2007

Frustrated Inc.

Tried recording guitar last night. Left me in a funk. Starting to really hate the avliable range of sounds in an apartment setting. Starting to question my abilities as a guitarist. UG. These are bad things. I can't hit my recording groove lately. I can't find that magic spot of all consuming obsession.

Fear not. I go through this. I go through it everytime. I eventually trick myself and pull it back on course. I'm like that. I'll do it.

Thinking about a lot of things lately. Gearing up to make a serious push on the new SG album. Devin re-worked "the red state" early this week. Holy Shit! The guy is getting scary good. If nothing else the fear that he's getting way better then me at all this stuff is going to push me into high gear. Thats the good kind of brotherly competition for those keeping score at home. Makes me achieve.

Excited to get into some work with Hoagie again. Always a learning growing experience.

Also in going through the Singe artifacts it's been basically decided by devin and I that we will cut tow unfinshed nuggets of the era. One is a song that we'd actually worked up as a band in Plaything, it's referenced somewhere in this blog as a song called "get away" or some such. It was performed live once but had been all but forgotten except by me, it's a simple sort of rocker number. Also there was a song I found in the journals, that I was working on lyrically when I was in those bands, and then that I recall I started recording on right before I kicked into S no S stuff. I always liked the song, and judging by the fact that it shows up no less then three times in 2 different notebooks of the era I would say that it was a song I worked pretty hard on, comparatively.
For these two songs I'm looking to make pretty simple recordings that we can marry to the Transformation through decay album, sort of as a retrospective release with bonuses of two or three new recordings and some archival recordings baring any are good enough. The idea will be though to have Devin and I do our part, then send them off to ronnie to add his drumming and bass playing, he was always a fifth member of those bands anyway, and it only seems right to have him behind the board for completion.

No comments: