Friday, December 08, 2006

Food Cooked by Some One You Know

I'm hungry. Today we are celebrating Thanksmas at work. My boss woke up at 5:00 am and cooked a Turkey. I cleaned the kitchen at work for 2 hours. There is mas to be thankful for.

I just ate, it was wonderful. It's such a rare treat to enjoy a meal cooked with pride.

There is much to be proud of. My little sister, whom I adore, is currently finishing her last year of law school at Kansas University. Monday morning by way of instant message she informed me she had an interview with Kansas State Senator Janis Lee for an internship. Less than two hours later my phone rang, it was Odd, she got the part! I have been completely ecstatic ever since. I think I'm far more impressed and excited about it then she is. It means even more to me that she will be serving a state Senator who'd district includes my place of birth, our family farm, the city where I attended high school and college, and the landscape of some of my fondest memories.
Adrienne will be handling calls from constituents, and I assume relaying practical information about those calls to Janis. I like to imagine some old farmer from paradise calling her with a grievance, and Adrienne talking the matter very serious, and following through till the problem is solved. Way to go sis! Some one has to be there for the Kansas Farmer, they feed 192 and you.
Speaking of Farmers, apparently that and ranching was Janet Lee's profession prior to involving herself in the state legislature. That is impressive.

I'm full. I'm happy. I'm proud. Way to go people, lets keep it up.

On that note, SG has been back at work. It's been going smooth and easy. Sunday we rehearsed and I got to spend some real quality time with my amp. I ran it through a Marshall 4 by 12, and got to crank it a bit. Spectacular. I'm really going to enjoy the thing. I've named it Lilly.

No comments: