Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Backy and Rested, Working and Paying


So I am in fact, back, back in the office. Working about catching up on what I missed and working to pay off what was spent. It's funny how much free trips cost.
I'll give a run down of the trip in the days to come, perhaps I'll think better of going nutballs like I normally try and do, and just give a basic run down of where we went, where we stayed, what we did and what we thought of it while we were there. Shucks... that seems pretty much what I do every time. I dunno. We'll see how it turns out.
I will say it's nice to be home, and it's nice to know that the world didn't fall totally apart in my absence. We were actually home last week, but being as it was a fine holiday week I didn't really trouble myself with an online account of my goings ons. Things are going on though mind you.
The band marches forward. We have excepted our highest paying semi local gig so far. It's for New Years Eve, which also marks a first, actually playing on that holiday as opposed to just you know playing. Really exciting.
Also, because of the time off last week we were able to get a little ahead of all the little things that there is normally not the time to do, which has been doing wonders for my state of mind and the state of my health. In addition to these benefits there has been some nice progress in band works. Rehearsals getting scheduled for the shows coming up as well as work on new songs. Amy and I were able to work on one of the B-sides for the Slut Buffet Single last night, a song called Delay. Amy basically wrote her part last night, and it's turned it into a pretty stellar song. I'm thrilled.
Okay, Stuff to come. And I've not forgotten about Grandpap's Transcription, I've just been pre-occupied. If you must now though generally he woke up to a nice day, went and had coffee and got stuff to make for dinner. Sometimes walking his wife to and from work before deciding to stay in and watch TV.

No comments: