Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Work Work Work

I'm busy, but I've been meaning to post a few things, so since I'm hyper and I've been doing so much today I can't rest so I just have to do this because I can't stop.

Work has been happening with the band. Gig on Friday, not my best work. Gig on New Years Eve is over 2 hours... we will basically play every song we know. WOWZA!

Much more happening also. Saturday we went out to Seamonster, where we lifted some things that needed lifting, and ended up doing a microphone shoot out for Amy. It was as always a pleasurable experience. We tried an AKG C3000 and an Octavia 219, and 319. Hoag being so kind as to loan the best suited to us, thus we shot out those models and not the ultra high dollar no way in hell you degenerates are walking out of here with that type of mic. Get it? Anyway, I'm looking to make Amy track some vocals tonight for the b-sides to the Slut Buffet Mega Single. I also have a notion to do some guitaring this week.









One of the B-sides, Delay, which is brand new has been really fun to develop. It will be a real treat in my opinion to anyone awaiting new stuff from us. Here are some photos I snapped of Amy in lyrical development. She'll probably kill me.






You can see wine, Arthur and a lot of journals went into the process.









Here is Vincent, in the background on the TV is the title screen to the movie "Won't Anybody Listen" I believe it was the inspiration behind actually doing some work on this particular night.













Amy is a boy.
















Two helpful kitties.















one not so helpful kitty.
















My new Amp.

Sitting on top of my very first amp.



1 comment:

Seamonster said...

You guys, degenerates?! Naa. I mean, come to think of it... But far be it from me to have ever thunk it meself. It's just that certain mics have to stay home and be ready for the drop-in divas. But you knew that.

Speaking of divas, we might consider doing some of Amy's vox here, for that top-dollar sound. ("Top-Dollar Degenerate" -- sounds like the title of an SG tune.)

Anyway, we still have much in the pot to stir, sir. --HH