Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sentry Watch Your Entry

Correctly feeling today, pretty focused and happy. The weekend was a busy blur.
Last Thursday we had the pleasure of attending Convicted Karaoke at the ultra swank Oxwood inn. I found myself having a fair deal of fun, really enjoying the new song options. I had the pleasure of singing "Ashes to Ashes" for the first time, I don't know if I did David proud or not.
Friday night the entire SG crew sans Wild attended an event called "Rocking the Macho Cockless" at the Highways performance space in Santa Monica. The event was far reaching and inspiring beyond description, suffice to say it was rather intense, especially after the consumption of a hippy pot brownie.
Saturday we played a nice little show at a skanky little bar called Studio Suite. It turned out to be a boat load of fun. Amy was really on top of her front woman game and having a good time. She worked up the locals and our crowd into a nice warm room of fun lovers. I personally felt I played well and enjoyed playing for longer than we are usually allowed.
Sunday we celebrated with Tiger his day of birth. Amy baked a lovely if not somewhat humpty dumpty cake, and we had dinner at Versaille, I can still taste the garlic.
Last night we had an apartment rehearsal for this Thursday's show. It was actually really fun once we got some minor differences figured out. We are working up a couple of new things to try, one a cover of the Altered Images song "Happy Birthday"(it is another b-day party after all), and a new song "The Apple Falls" which I am in love with but still lack a great deal of guitar parts to.
I've been eating better, or more to the point much less and have not had a drink in over a week. Oh the life.

No comments: