Thursday, August 25, 2005

Doodle

I'm alright today. Amy and I have been watching season 4 of Six Feet Under obsessively, we took in 5 episodes last night alone. It's been pretty intense but one episode in particular annoyed us both so much I thought we might vomit all over the apartment.
I'm still doing fairly well at eating better and drinking much less. My overall figure is beginning to show signs of more straight lines, this makes me feel better.
I had last night an odd dream; Amy and I had been invited by our friend Melissa to see her new house in the valley, we were surprised that she was now living in a house and we went to check it out. Upon arrival we learned that she was living there with her brand new husband, whom we had heard nothing about. Their relationship was something a kin to manipulative sugar daddy w/ a house type of thing. It made me rather uncomfortable. While there we talked about collaborating on a song, I started to think of some music and in my head during the dream I came up with a cool idea for a beat. I was about to program it right there, I could even picture how to do it in my head, but then in the dream I thought, "wait... I really dig this song, I think I'll just keep my mouth shut and us it for our band selfishly!"
Upon reflection this morning I was surprised to realize that I can still remember the basic Idea behind the beat and how to program it!
tomorrow we go to Long Beach to pick up flyers for a show we are doing for Venus Envy Records. It should be fun! Then Saturday it is presumed that Devin and I will travel to Malibu to check out what's been done on our record. The cherry on top of our weekend is a booze cruise for 4 hours in Long Beach on Sunday! I'm very excited!

No comments: