Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And I Wonder

Lot's of things going on. Many thoughts in the head.
First off I find myself embarrassed about a purchase last night. Thinking I new what I was doing I bought a pair of tripod speaker stands of craigs list, only to get them home and find that Yamaha uses a non standard connector end. I am dumb. I should have just asked a question or two. I've taken a fair amount of pride in figuring out a way to make our band function live on a shoestring budget, and then lugging most of the shit around and connecting it all together, I guess maybe it was just time to get put back in my place. Now I'm dreading calling the person and trying to get a refund.
Also on the docket for our band is a HUGE decision to make regarding a PR Firm who has made a fairly tempting proposal. It's interesting, it's a fair deal of money, and in thinking about it a band would generally put out a record, then spend money and time touring, but in this day and age maybe it's better to hire a pr firm, not spend thousands of dollars on gas, stay around home and make another record, and still get your name out.

No comments: