Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sigh for Sore Eyes

My eyeballs hurt. I sat here staring at this very computer screen for 8 hours yesterday, only to head home and stare at the tiny LCD display of a Digital Audio Workstation for another 6 hours. Not smart, but motivated. Last night we found ourselves staring down the barrel of having to return our wonderful borrowed microphone, but bless us in disguise it paid off very well for us. We knuckled the fuck down and completed main vocal tracks for nearly all of the songs for FAS. There now need to be many hours now put into the guitar and then some back up vocals and miscellaneous synthing, followed by some decisions about money mixing and mastering.
I am very pleased, there are some takes inside that little box that fucking cook. Devin and Amy really stepped up to the plate last night and reminded me just how lucky I am to work with really truly talented people. I now gotta be a man and do right by the work they've done.
This weekend was fucking wonderful for the most part. Mexican Independence slaughtered my ass so hard on Thursday night that I had no will nor energy to do anything Friday night except camp on the couch and watch CSI on DVD. Amy and I were fast asleep by 11:30 pm. Saturday I slept in while Amy cleaned, I owe her about 100 years of cleaning house, it was nice and I won't pretend I didn't enjoy waking up 12 hours after I went to sleep with a spotless house. We had a nice brunch at Noah's Bagels and then headed home and cleaned out the car. Returning home Amy and I had a lazy beer then went into the closet to record some vocals.
Being the good Shitting Glitter's that we can be we then went to Satellite to rehearse our asses off for about three hours. "Static Cling" a brand new song has really come together in the last couple of rehearsals.
After rehearsal we all felt a smidge wiped so we went home, smoked medical grade hashish, procured legally w/ a prescription, listened to the Ani Difranco song "Serpentine" 6 times and went to sleep. Sunday morning was silly, we had breakfast part 1 at the Coffee Bean and breakfast part 2 at The French Market, where we saw a HUGE dog and Sally Struther's (let the record show that I am not being clever her, the dog and Sally were as a matter of fact Two different Beings).
After breakfast parts 1 and 2 we were pretty tuckered out, we proceeded to sit on the couch, finish a bottle of wine from the night before and watch more CSI. Round about 2:00 We both called our Mommies, as it was the Mom holiday. We stuck ourselves in the closet for a few hours in the late afternoon then Amy took herself to a private restaurant to surround herself with her lesbians and watch the L Word.
I got out my guitar and did a few cracks at a few tunes, it didn't really flow as well as I would have liked so I got out the Hashish instead. Ripped to the tits I decide to go for a jog/hike. I jogged up to the bottom of Runyon Canyon and then hiked to the top, cresting the first major peak about half an hour before sundown. Being pure and content and stoned I looked down over all of my lovely home, it's nice to catch yourself being happy.
I walked down the mountain and back home feeling so very pleased with myself.
Amy returned from her dyke outing, feeling high on life and shots of patron. She accompanied me to dinner at Swingers, where we had a Brownie Ice Cream Sunday, followed by an Ahi Tuna Sandwich.

1 comment:

downtown said...

*Sigh*
Jeebus Khrist, how I miss Los Angeles. Buckie, my LACK of seeing you 'n the gang makes my eyes sore, cuz I'm crying. Now my eyes are gonna be all pink 'n puffy tomorrow. that's OK though.

I tried to trap Russia in a nutshell in one of my bloggy things, but buckie traps the HELL out of Los Angeles in this one.

Dude, please keep on buckie-bloggin. You kick serious amounts of ass.