Monday, May 23, 2005

Ew... Been A Spell

I have been neglecting my blog again. Things have happened, I'll pickup at the fabulous and take us back through the mundane.
Last Wednesday, we were allowed, not invited per se, to attend the premier screening of the first episode of the final season of Queer as Folk, and the fab after party.
The screening was held at the Regents Showcase Theater on La Brea, I very much enjoyed the setting and the new episode. The show was nice but the after party was the cats lingerie...
The party was held at the Cooley Estate on Rossomore, Cooley apparently owns the Abbey. I can't really at all describe this party, it was really like nothing I have ever been a part of. I'll just note that it was fun and that I enjoyed it, if you have any questions get me drunk or otherwise altered and I'll tell you all about it... Hell I might even drive you by the location if you really feel like pressing your luck.
I have been dieting, due to the fact that I have to or else I will be a large blob of man fat. It is going well, I feel much better, but it isn't as fun as eating like it's my last day on earth.
Friday night Amy and I cleaned the communal closet, it took hours but now we feel much better about our available clothes.
Saturday we lounged about and slept in, then had lunch with Devin and Dylan at the soup plantation. We capped the weekend off with an odd run to Sable Ranch on an errand for a friend. Sable Ranch was bizarre, it's located about 10 miles north of LA proper, once you pass through a gate and over a cattle guard your on what would appear to be a normal ranch, except that there are film crews everywhere. We had to approach every set looking for the person we were looking for, we finally found him but not before we found a blanket full of heads and bodies, none of which were attached to each other. That was neato.
Sunday we rehearsed at Satellite from 1 to 4. It was fun, I have been enjoying my own amp more and more. We worked out some instruments for a new dancey song devin programmed, it's fabtab, I really like how my part is sounding thus far. Then when going through our sequencer we found this one pattern that Devin didn't recall making, that I vaguely recollect, we jammed out on it a bit, it's fun, I really like it, hope we get to use it.
Amy and I have been watching season 3 of Six Feet Under, it's been treating us well until my DVD player decided to fritz and now maybe not work.
Hoagie has been approached to mix and master "Free Alongside Ship",it will be an expense, but one we will pay.
I record guitar on Thursday from 12 to 5.

1 comment:

downtown said...

Ooo, Buckie, I'm so jealous of your premiere/party access! We Wisconsinites aren't so lucky. An example of a "cool event" around here would be the local Hyundai dealership's Summer Sales Drive, featuring FREE HOT-DOGS for everyone who attends.
Gawd, how I miss Los Angeles!

Anyhoo, your story where you said "we were allowed, not invited per se, to attend the premier screening" reminded me of my extensive history as a party-crasher. I'm not accusing you of being a party-crasher. Some people are proud to be party-crashers (PCs) and some are ashamed. Me, I'm way proud.

I once came *THIS* close to sneaking into the Vanity Fair Oscar party off SaMo/Robertson (across from the Abbey), the year Halley Berry won. I gave the security bitch a fake name (which has worked before), but she checked her guest-list clipboard and kicked me to the curb. Eh, ya win some, ya lose some.
I'm proud (and jealous) of you guys for hitting that party.
Rock on with your bad selves.