Wednesday, January 04, 2012

What Happened to a Winter?

It's bright and clear, it's the type of weather people claim to move to Southern California for. I appreciate that I didn't have to scrape ice off my windshield this morning. This weekend was just like today, except there were many sirens in the background as some young crazy tried to lite this city on fire. Meanwhile I was busy. We moved a lot of long term storage type items down to the garage. I had a broken latch spring in my truck which prevented the driver's side door from locking. With the help of the internet I was able to rig it so the broken key latch no longer stopped the remote key-less entry from working. I had never taken a car door apart before, I was shocked that I was successful, proud even.
I was able to totally revamp my bedroom studio as well. Rewiring everything the best that I could, certainly much more organized now though it's still far too many cables to ever look pretty. I totally re-arranged the closet space to the left of my desk to allow easy access to all necessary tools and instruments. It's feeling good. I finally feel like I have a work space that is comparable to the basement of the house in Kansas City where so much work got done.

Turbo rehearsal last night and on Sunday was really encouraging. My voice is sounding better and Angela is pounding the drums harder. I'm excited for Devin to join us again next week.

It will get cold again soon, and it's bound to rain. I'm ready for anything.

No comments: