Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Getting it Correct

Uh oh! I was wrong yesterday, I did make a list for 2011, is just didn't do it until February. Here it is, with results:

1. Seriously just finish More Possible Than Perfect - I did not even work on this project at all this year. I make no promises about it anymore.

2. Seriously play shows with Turbo Sunshine - okay this made the list 2 years in a row. I had some major changes in the mission. Things will be better now. Angela switched from vocals to drums, so it takes a while for someone to learn a new instrument. Cut me some slack. It will be worth it.

3. Collaborate with nearly anyone who asks and if no one asks then I should do the asking - I've done about 50 50 on this. I've collaborated here and there, and I've let a few of them die on the vine. collaboration in the age of digital island living is easy but very hard. I will continue to work on this.

4. Give up a little comfort - Moving last year accomplished this, even if it will probably lead to more comfort int he long run. Angela and I both made some major sacrifices of modern creature comforts in order to take a step forward, it's all on the verge of paying off and I'm very thrilled by it.

5. Embarrass yourself hugely at least once - I probably did this many times over, it doesn't mean I have to rehash it hear, I only asked for one.

6. Continue the new push up breaks at work - I literally was doing a set of 60 push ups when I remembered that I wrote my list in February instead of January. I hurt my neck a bit by over doing it, so I scaled back to 3 days a week and I'm in the process of rebuilding the number of reps, still aiming for 100 at a time. Hoping to get there this year.

7. Spend at least one continuous hour outside each week - I think I achieved this until the move. In fact there were many times I crushed this 10 times over. Now that I'm more settled and it will be staying light out longer I will get back into this. Last year Angela and I walked in Griffith park several times a week and I ran many others. It was a good year for spending time outside. This year it will be more Runyon Canyon.

8. Like new people when meeting them before disliking them - I did good at this, personality permitting.

9. Use new technology for productivity - Technology is a tricky bitch. I did pretty good but this morning I realized I have allowed the collection tools to take a good portion of time that I should spend using them. I'm still coming out on the upper hand but I did have to issue a stern warning to myself about this. I will keep it under advisement in the coming year.

10. Practice negative visualization often, to better appreciate all that surrounds me - I did this though not always as consciously as I had intended. Again, this item requires perspective and further work.

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

I really want you to finish "More Possible Than Perfect." Why are you slacking? I can help format the text into a book - I'm sure there's many websites for that. Also, let's start doing Runyon Canyon on the weekends!