Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Slow Slogging Journey Getting Right

Last week Angela and I started walking in the evenings again right after work. It helps to transition into home life by putting a barrier between work and life. My leg has healed enough that I don't really notice any negative effects while walking. Occasionally after a particularly long walk I will notice a touch of tightness but some soft stretching seems to relax it. Since the injury I've played a few shows and gone out dancing a couple of times, in each of these cases I occasionally move in a way that reminds me that I'm still hurt. It's shown enough improvement though that I felt comfortable with the idea of going on a run last night. Angela and I walked to the grocery store and back first, so my leg was feeling warm and ready. I then set out to run, as slow as humanly possible. It turns out it was easier to run slow than I thought it would be, I'm actually quite timid on my feet. I could feel that my leg wasn't yet normal, but I made sure I ran slow enough that it didn't hurt. I'm going to try and do a slow slow mile each day this week and keep stretching it out.

This weekend was fun. I got a lot of work done on a couple of Turbo Sunshine songs that have been giving me a hard time. The work I got done made me intensely happy. Stubborn songs can be the most rewarding. Tonight Angela and I will attempt to work up the basic live versions of 3 new songs.

Late last night I was up helping Devin hit a deadline to release his latest single from "It's Never The Way You Imagine It". I did a remix a year ago for the song "Strange Season" which is included and I also mastered the b-side. The Excellent a side was produced, mixed and mastered buy my own personal Yoda, K. Hill.

The entire single is 2 bucks on band camp... How bout you go buy it.

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

Thanks for the shout-out, and thanks for your hard work on the single. I know you think my "deadlines" are funny but it's the only way I ever get anything done.