Monday, March 14, 2011

Goodbye Three Rivers



This picture is a parting goodbye from our rental house in Three Rivers, CA. Mother and father flew in and rented a van for Angela, Devin, Dylan and myself to ride up to Sequoia in. Once there we rented a house that sits on this river. It was really nice. It silent save for the dull roar of the river and the tweeting of birds. We sat on the deck and drank wine and coffee. We smoked cigars. There were more stars than I'm accustomed too. I went for one nice run up the road near our house, I felt free.
We spent one day in the national park. I saw the biggest tree in the world. Not the oldest, and not the tallest, but the massiest. HUGE. General Sherman. 2000 years of tree. Trees older than Christ. Get off your crosses, the wood was put to better uses by the trees. I've wanted to visit sequoia since I was a child. Before the internet we had reference books. The set we had contained only a few pictures, one of them of the big trees. I was always intrigued, and I finally got to see them.

I've been working on finishing mixes for Devin's album. I'm excited that it will be done. It's very good.

We took a press photo for turbo sunshine and mailed off an application to play LA Pride. Being as it's our first time applying and we don't have much history I doubt very much that we will be accepted. I had to really hustle to finish a 3 song demo. I'm very proud of it though, it sounds pretty nice. Angela's lead vocals are a surprise and amazement.

I miss my parents. They left on Tuesday. It's hard to be away from those you love. I missed my sister dearly when we were all together without her. She means so much to all of us. I turned around to talk to her at least 10 times only to realize she was not there. I hope to see her again soon.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Your words were very much appreciated. Funny you should mention turning around to talk to Adrienne...it happens to me every time!
BTW, we miss all of you very much, can't wait to do something fun again!
Good luck with LA Pride and Turbo Sunshine!