Friday, December 17, 2010

Dead Ringer

Dead man Rambling (sample plate) by S no S

Go ahead and click play on the clip while you read along. It sounds a little muffled and you can tell it was recorded on a tape. This is an exerpt from a half hour of guitar driven ambient experimentation that I made when I was 19. It's loose and ruff and pretty silly, but I had fun with making it, then I had more fun getting stoned and listening to it in the dark. I had the tape for years and used to listen to it more than it deserved but I've always liked strange noises. I found it a while back and wanted to digitize it so I did.

I've been pretty busy. We had an acoustic holiday show for Devin Tait and the Traitors, I enjoyed that. There will be some media on the web from that soon I would imagine.
Okay fine... have one now.
Paper Sea(Live @ Cafe Muse) by S no S

So there it is, the very first time I have ever played an S no S live in an official capacity. I fucked up a bit and the recording quality is not perfect, but I really had fun doing it. My brother Devin has always been a fan of this song and he forced me to do it live as a part of his show. I can't thank him enough for that. Also to Elene for playing the piano and Angie for all the support. It was momentous.

I've been running a fair amount this month. I'm always happier when I do that.

This time next week I will be in Kansas City. How wonderful that will be.

Work is pretty crazy for me lately. I'm busier than I would like to be and it's stressful.

I like sitting in the hot tub in the evenings during the "winter". It's funny how it's too cold for most people that live in our apartment complex to consider doing that.

Anyway, enjoy the songs and I'll try and blog more. I've been sort of quiet lately internally. I have not felt much like writing about myself, even though there have been things that have happened that I will want to remember. Perhaps I'll fill in some gaps next week.

oh, here are the lyrics to paper sea.

crazy in the dark, at a loss about a name, finishing the start of the friendlier remains, and I wonder for your thoughts, about the peace i had in mind, paying for the winter dreams, hiding from sunshine

I'd rather be floating in a warm paper sea, spreading rumors of trouble in the land of make believe
than lying to the tv, on a disconnected phone, a formula for living, while never leaving home

Stubborn forcing reason and plastic set in glass, waiting for the future but hoping it's the past, hoping that the light blinks or maybe a change in tone, looking for a new view through the things you own

I'd rather be floating in a warm paper sea, spreading rumors of trouble in a land of make believe, than lying to the tv, on a disconnected phone, a formula for living, while never leaving home.

hoo hooo hoo ooo
hoo hooo hoo ooo

Silly worth protecting, cranky comes of age, born again construction, buried treasure in the grave,
set your watch and time sinks while bigger grows the hole, measuring the reasons with a bandage on your soul

I'd rather be floating in a warm paper sea, spreading rumors of trouble in a land of make believe, than lying to the tv, on a disconnected phone, a formula for living, while never leaving home.

hoo hooo hoo ooo
hoo hooo hoo ooo

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

It was so fun performing "Paper Sea" at Cafe Muse! We will have to mine some more S No S songs, and perhaps some Singe/Plaything in the future!

buffalo collective said...

friggin gorgeaous