Monday, October 25, 2010

Heard You Call Me Radio Frequency

Friday Night I Angela and I went with Marc, Devin and Dylan to see the Electric Six. It was such a great show. They are one of my all time favorite bands and nothing is more fun than watching them do their thing. So many of their songs are absolute classics in my personal history that I can't help but feel totally overjoyed to stand ten feet in front of them and bop around. It was a super fun show and a great night had by all.
We slept in a bit the day after the show and then headed over to hang out with Devin and Dylan while Devin worked on his costume for the "Alien Nation" video shoot the next day. We watched some television and chatted. Eventually the boys needed to leave to go see Spencer day and Angela and I headed home early to eat pizza in bed and crash out since we had to wake up really early the next day.

Sunday was a day of magnificent adventure. The alarm went off at 6:30 am and I damn near threw it across the room. Angela was calmer than I, and rose from bed and began to work preparing herself to be filmed. I slept another half hour and then joined her in preparations. We selected outfits, applied some make up and teased our hair, it was then off to Santa Clarita. We left the house a bit after 8 and as soon as I walked out the door I was glad the alarm had allowed me to wake up.



We met the video director, Shawn at a Starbucks in Santa Clarita and then headed out to Vasquez Rocks to shoot our scenes. We didn't shoot long before a ranger came down and pointed out that perhaps our live music and skimpy outfits might be offensive to some people and that she should perhaps call the sheriff and have a deputy come work it out. We took a quick poll of the people gathered about and it was deemed the only thing offensive was the noise. We agreed to accommodate the other people at the rocks then and moved further out and used a quiet cell phone to sync the performance.
We only shot for about half an hour, and then we climbed the rocks for kicks. It was a very painless video shoot.
After leaving the rocks we took a scenic drive back into Santa Clarita to meet up with our cars and have some lunch. It is so nice to be in a band minus ego, such a rare and wonderful thing. Lunch was fun and laid back, we laughed and enjoyed each others company.
After lunch Devin and Elene left to head back to LA but Angela and I went with Shawn to flea market. We found a wine decanter, socks, a hat, a ring, two tennis rackets and a machines of loving grace album that I've been looking to find for a very long time.

Later in the day we drove back and watched the Social Network at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences theater. I enjoyed it very much.

Back at home we did laundry and paid deep attention to our pets. Angela made a terrific meal and we ate and then slept.

I'm back at work, listening to the score of the Social Network, loving it.

No comments: