Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Goals

I'm going to have a good week. I tell myself this and I'm aware that such notions disolve rapidly sometimes. This time I have it on good authority. Yesterday I did good work at work, which felt nice. Then I went home, had a puff and went for a run. I ran along the LA river, doing interaval sprints. My lungs were burnin, it felt great. It was a clear winter sky laying over top of me, and I had the familiar feeling of this season. A reminder of long walks I once took in Hays, Kansas to watch the sunset in the winter sky.
After the run Angela and I ate a fine meal which she prepared while I ran. We then went to two different home depots in order to find more protective coverings to bunny proof the wires ran here and there about the apartment. We then went to another store and picked up a few more supplies, and took a short drive to check the progress of some crazy fellas halloween display in glendale. He has a lot of work to do, but he was out front working by shop light at 9:30 when we drove by, so I have faith he can get it done.
We returned home and I started moving the furniture around. We've decided to add a desk in the corner of the living room where Angela will work on her projects, while I work at the other desk on mine. I moved the heavy ass television and it's lardo cousin the book shelf. Then it was time to re-wrap many of the wires, while I was at it I decided to splice out a section of the cable. I had doubts about it's continuity, since Bettina had chewed through it rather well.
Finalaly around 11:30 I finished my tasks, this is when I meant to start working on finishing the mix of Devin's song "sleepytown", but I was beat so I just joined Angela in bed and watched a few episodes of "It's Always Sunny".

Tonight I'm headed to Malibu after work to help revamp Seamonster Sounds.

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

I worry about you moving that TV all by yourself. Oh geez, now I'm sounding like Mom.

Scarlet said...

What's wrong with sounding like Mom???