Friday, October 01, 2010

First Rays of the New Rising Sun

Invisible Material - Grown Man Cries from Richard Skrip on Vimeo.


Wednesday night was great. We had a premier party for the new Invisible Material video, which we filmed back in March. The premier was at Fubar, and it was well attended, which felt nice. People seemed to relaly enjoy the video which also felt nice. It was a bit odd to be going to the premier part for a band I'm no longer playing in, but it also felt nice that I could meet my old band mates with a hug and smile and not have any bad feelings. I sometimes feel like an adult, an always surprising sensation.
After the video party was over our friend Myles was spinning at the Plams. It was his electro night, and the playlist was on fucking fire. There were only about 8 people in the bar total, 4 of which I didn't know, and by all accounts one of those lucky people left with my phone. So it goes...
So the absense of my phone made it really inconvienient when I blew a tire on the 5 freeway the next morning, while nursing a hangover. UG.
I handled it, it was a bit stressful. Today is way better. I feel great. I got home last night and Angie had cleaned the entire house top to bottom. We made a short trip to Devin and Dylans for a quick visit then came home, watched some tube and crashed like the dead.
We have a rehearsal tomorrow night for Devin Tait and the Traitors. I'm so excited that we have 2 gigs next week! More on that as it happens.

Back to work.

Keep Blogging Weird.

1 comment:

buffalo collective said...

listening to this song at sunrise in the desert....

and that image of The Palms....so familiar