Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Hole in my mouth that goes all the way to China

I had a tooth pulled yesterday. It was not as scary as I imagined it to be. When/if we got to put an implant in, the price will be the scary part.

Due to the tooth I was able to go home early. I used the time to mix up versions of the songs I had been working on over the weekend. I was pleased with the initial results. Doom Sensation needs more work, but hearing Angela and I singing together was very encouraging, our voices blend well together on a double lead. I am hoping to have Devin help out in writing a second section to the chorus, he's sort of the master at the pop chorus, so it would be a real asset.
Devin's song Bridge to Nowhere is shaping up well. I need to refine the mix and Angela wants another crack at her vocals, but there are already some sublime moments happening.

I also managed to get a good half hour of guitar playing in. Still in love with my Telecaster all over again.

Today is gloomy, the day seems to be making empty promises of rain. I'll take it over the sunshine after the blazing summer sun of this past weekend.

This transition; my life grinds on.

2 comments:

aes9999 said...

It is gloomy here too - and yet no rain! But it's cooling off and I've now turned my A/C off. I hope I don't have to turn it on again until 2011!

Scarlet said...

Sorry to hear about your loss! Glad you had time for music!