Monday, February 22, 2010

Less Productive than Predicted

I wasn't as on the ball this weekend than I predicted. Friday night Angela and I dropped in on Devin and Dylan so that I could grab my guitar which I plan to use for the Invisible Material video and also a keyboard which I plan to use to teach Angela to play for Turbo Sunshine. It was a nice evening, at the end we dropped them off in the rain so they could attend "Puppetry of the Penis".
Saturday I slept till just after 10am and rolled out of bed to have coffee and relax before getting to work. Angela and I then went to our buildings gym and worked out.
I then settled in to work on some mixes. I feel pretty confident that I finished Alien Nation. I burned it down to a Wav and used the new google documents feature to send it to Devin and Ronnie. Ronnie seemed pleased with the mix but Devin listened only on headphones and had some doubts. I next finished Invisible Material's cover of "My Girl Wants to Party all the Time". I was happy with the results so I dispersed it amongst Ronnie and my fellow band members.
Angela and I then went to Joans fabrics and for a drive around Glendale/Burbank. I got a text from Devin then which told me about a show they were going to in Venice. An all gay cover band called "the gayties" were doing a set at the Rooster Fish. Angela and I decided to head over to Devin and Dylans and go with them. The set was great, they even played a Hoodoo Gurus song!
Somewhere between getting to the Rooster Fish and getting back to Devin and Dylans my weekends productivity became derailed. We partied perhaps a bit too hard and ended up staying at Devin and Dylans instead of risking the drive home. Sunday was then spent in lazy recovery.

On the drive to the Rooster Fish I did have a proud moment. Devin burned down the two new songs I completed that afternoon to a cd and blared them in the car for all to hear. It sounded great and Devin agreed. Everyone was very proud of Devin's song. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the album.

2 comments:

buffalo collective said...

...just popping by to say hi and hang out with sweet Brandon.

Scarlet said...

Waiting to hear how IM video shoot turned out!