Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In a State of Repair

Working away. Getting very excited about some things in life.

Planning a weekend getaway to Mexico in April.

The Oscars are in full swing so work is very busy.

I did my taxes over the weekend and once the return arrives I should be able to purchase the Zoom recorder that I've been lusting over. The applications of this device are many and far reaching. It will open up many interesting opportunities to me. I'm interested in doing a bit of extreme recording in Griffith Park. I'm interested in doing some Invisible Material recordings with it. I'm interested in doing a project with Angela and another friend with it. I also plan to do a lot of my own work on it.


Invisible Material has been hard at work planning a video shoot. This video will have the highest production values of any video of which I have been a part of. Everyone has been working very hard to make the video possible. Ben has actually taken it upon himself to build an upright bass from scratch and he's coming along nicely. What he has finished so far is pictured above. He chose to build a new bass because he does not wish to have paint splattered all over his real one, something I can't say the directors do not wish to do to us band members. It will be very messy. Our biggest snag this far is in the location, there just are not a lot of cheap places where you can throw that paint all over.
State of the bass update:


This weekend we went to a really great loft party downtown with Tiger. It was oddly held in a loft I had been to 6 years before when SG played a friends party. The place hadn't really changed much. We stayed pretty late into the night and had a total blast. Kool Kieth and Lady Tigra played.

Sunday we went to the Drive-in with Devin, Dylan, Rebbecca and Loren and saw Valentines Day and The Blindside. It was a beautiful night, we watched part of the first movie in lawn chairs outside of the cars. It was D&D's first trip to this drive in and I'm thrilled that they both seemed to love it.

Saturday Afternoon in the "flea market"( a section of our parking garage where the building and it's residents place items they no longer want or that those who have moved out left behind) we found three aloe vera plants. They were in serious need of some TLC so we moved them up to our rescue plant sanctuary, also known as the patio.

Our patio is the last part of Atwater Village home to be finished. We are working away and in march hope to add astro turf and a fountain. So as far as birthday gifts go anything that might be spent at Lowe's could come very much in handy. Hint hint hint. :)

With out further ado, our new rescue plants, alvin, simon and theodore:


2 comments:

Scarlet said...

Nice blog, good suggestions for BD gifts, and love the plant rescue on the patio!

Devin Tait said...

Love the new plants, and yes we loved the Drive-In, I can't wait to go back!