Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Something Significant Is Passing Through



The Google Maps Street view vans have been out in force. They have been all over my old stomping grounds. It is a remarkable thing to see the landscape of my childhood, as an on demand passenger. I like that google is doing this, some people do not and those people are probably paranoid. In my view it's smart that google is taking this step. They seem to be collecting and amazing archive of our world as it is now and I can't see how that won't end up being useful in the long run. Sure there are legitiment fears about google's size and reach, but up until this far they have added far more to my life than they have taken away.
My blog sits on their server. My email is filled with content that I really would never want to lose. I have two books that I've started cached away in my google documents.
Side note: If I ever die someone should get the password to my email account and do something with some of the things I've been working on.

I love this bridge on highway 281 crossing the Saline river.

No comments: