Monday, November 30, 2009

The Proof is in the Pudgy


I was looking through pictures the other night and came across the gem on the left, taken in December of 2007. On the right is a photo of me taken on October 30th of this year, hence the vampire blood. I am basically stunned speachless by the good turn my life has taken. The guy on the left is me, as is the fellow on the right. I get a little sad when I see the guy on the left. He was running out of rope, but it got better. How did I get to the guy on the right? I ended a relationship that was negative and destructive, and started a new one which was positive and supportive. I worked out like a bandit, running six days a week in runyon canyon. I stopped partying constantly. I tried to mend relationships that I had strained to the point of breaking and I have since then tried to let people know that I appreciate them. Simply put I have been trying.
It's good to pause and look back and compare where you have been with where you are now. It may not always be so dramatically different as what is shown here, but it's important to stop and ask yourself; "Am I happier now than I was in the recent past?"
then ask yourself "Why?"
The best resource anyone has for learning about themselves is themself.

I have taken this moment to share with you all a point of reflection in my life. I would like you all to sit back from your monitor, close your eyes and ask yourself the above two questions. You don't have to blog about it or tell me, but you owe it to yourself to examine your existance.

I love each and everyone of you and I want the best for you. Thank you all for supporting me in life as I grow and learn.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

We are so proud of you, but even more important, we are thrilled that you are happier and healthier! The difference is stunning, but you worked hard to get where you are now! Love you and can't wait to hug you and kiss you in 19 more days!!!