Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Some Good in the Grey

Ah a return to weather I can believe in. It's grey this morning. It's even a bit chilly. I have been missing seasonal changes, so this is welcome, I am almost now convinced it is fall. Though I have heard tell that by the end of this week we will be back in a climate the mirrors hell.

I have some grey hair now. I love it, though I will probably continue to dye my hair for the pleasure of those around me. It looks nice to my eyes though. I'm very glad to be thirty. I was thinking the other day as I was driving that I used to measure success in much different terms than I do now. When I was young I used to think that if you were over 40 and not famous or rich then you were not a success in life. Well, now that I'm not ten years old anymore my definitions have changed. In my book if you are over 40 and alive, then you are a success. What a person goes through simpy to feed clothe and shelter themselves for any period of time on this planet is remarkable, varied and amazing. The mere act of maintaining breathing and body fucntion in the modern world is no small feat. Congratulations to everyone for continuing to do it. It's not fair and it's annoying, but so goddamn beautiful it's ridiculous.

Enjoy your grey hair you've earned it.

No comments: