Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Last Ran Steps in a Neighborhood?

As I sit here before my home computer there is still sweat dripping from my face. I have just finished a relaxing 6 mile run. Perhaps my last in West Hollywood, the community which has been my home for the past 6 years. I have loved living here. I have felt proud and connnected to a vibrant creative community while here. It is a city not without it's problems, but certainly further along than most. Attitudes are more open and the general level of engagment in life by it's citizens seems to me at least to be a bit higher than many other places, certianly more than any other place where I have ever lived.
Tonight as I ran I just took it in. I ran down streets which I have adeventured through for some of the most interesting years of my life. I didn't experience an overwhelming feeling of emotion, just a calm peace that comes with the meditative nature of a good long run. I have come to the end of my time in West Hollywood at a great moment for me.
Moving to atwater village is exciting for me. To be in love with somone who brings out the best in me, and who pushes me to do more and be better in life is something special. I believe we deserve a new community to make new wonderful memories in. I am looking forward to creating in new ways, with a new freedom that comes from being able to start fresh, and establish my own space.
Tonights run was beautiful. I am so glad that I find such joy in this activity. It is responsible for such a deep sense of who I am.

My brother and his boyfriend will continue to live in WeHo, so I won't be staying away compeletly.

It was a great run.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Thinking of you as you make your move Friday!