Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good show

The bette midler show just curtained. It was wonderful. I love to see an ensemble band back up a great entertainer. As I watched the entire show I listened to excellent musicians perform on top of the line sound reinforcement. I found myself joyed. I thought a lot about my uncle ronnie and how he would have been filled with the thrill of a child to hear such sounds. It made me realize how often in life I take my cues of behavior from him. I also thought of devin and how he is a musician capable of playing in a band like that. I could never. I am not so exact, he is. I could maybe on my best day write a song that might belong in a show like I saw tonight but I could never play it live note for error free note.

What a great night. I love you all.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

What a nice thing to say about Ronnie and Devin.