Thursday, January 24, 2008

pitter

I blog in the rain. I think it's very nearly a fact. Go through my blogs, and check the farmers almanac. I think it might be a Hunter S. Thompson thing. I was reading a piece written by a long term editor of his and the editor spoke about how Hunter had to set the scene to begin a piece, had to describe the weather, and therefore had to have something to describe. Maybe I am caught up in that mess from to much reading of his work. Could be. Bloody hell.
I just read a book about Hunter, an oral history of those that knew him and worked with him, suffered through him if you will. It was called Gonzo and I enjoyed it greatly. I read it through one pink eye.
Also in my one pink eye reading was a book called "Survivor" by Chuck Palahniuk. I really enjoyed reading this one. Read the first half really late at night and finished the second half the next day. Much enjoyed. I should have read it all the first night though because It seemed to fall off a bit in the second half, and that might have just been me.
I'm listening right now to the Frames. Fits the rain quite well. I'm drinking tea. I have a knit cap on. The dog buddy is under my desk, just left of my feet. These are the factors. They've all happened recently on other occasions, yet I have not blogged.

Last January I made a small list of things I hoped to accomplish last year, lets see how I did shall we.

Brandon's 2007 half ass goal list:

1. Rename the blog
2. Finish blog entry started 2 years ago, a detailed description of the landscape of my boyhood farm.
3. Somehow obtain a new "number 1" guitar.
4. Return to Iceland
5. Play in the UK
6. Eat Healthy
7. Exercise
8. Read
9. Go back to Kansas
10. Skip 10 year High School Reunion

Brandon's 2008 check in what was actually half assed accomplished in 2007:

1. Check! I did this one. I kicked this ones ass. Probably the day after I said it. The blog used to be Believable needs, now it's External Mind Drive. YAY!

2. Number 2 is still in the works and I feel horrid about it. I should finish it soon before my capacity to do it as it's been started vanishes.

3. Somehow obtain a new "Number 1" guitar. This is tricky, but in late December I think I did just that. It's hard to tell though, because it's a way different beast than the first number 1. you probably saw the picture of it last month. It's a beautiful semi-hollow body electric. It plays very nice. Thus far I've only had one occasion to use it live, and It performed wonderfully. Yet it's HUGE! So my dancing suffers a bit, that and I feel pretty precious about it so I get concerned about dingy it around. That's a Problem I've never had with the telecaster since it's basically a plank with strings and pickups. Anyway, Angie Diamond deserves huge thanks for giving me a guitar. That is a great thing to do for me, and it makes me feel special. I actually just two nights ago got to hear the recorded result of the guitar and they were amazing. WOW.

4. Return to Iceland. No! Fuck. maybe this year.

5. Play in the UK. nope. This is actually already in the works for this year though, so we will see.

6. I did eat healthy, just not the entire year.

7. I did exercise more in 2007 than I did in 2006. This will be on the 2008 list as well, hopefully I can do a little better every year.

8. I did read, a lot. Happy about that.

9. I went back to Kansas to see my wonderful sister graduate from law school. I was very happy about this.

10. I didn't even consider going to my 10 year reunion.

I'm going to score this a 7 out of 10. Stay tuned for my 2008 list.

No comments: