Monday, December 03, 2007

Keeping Up and On

Last month was a fine a month. Like all months it had it's moments where it wasn't fine. In fact it had some down-home-right-on awful moments. Moments that make you want to puke blood, then drown yourself in the puddle. The funny thing is I can't even tell you what moments those were, i'm just sure that they were there and lived through and then all but vaguely forgotten, leaving me with the audacity to say that last month was a fine month. There was much done. Early in the month we played a show at Cinespace which was filmed for the logo network. We played a very fine show and I hope against hope that it makes it onto the network. We could use the national exposure.
The month was also a delight in that I had our fine trip to Flagstaff and Albuquerque to look forward to, and then experience. That trip just made me feel good. I love taht part of the country. This is why I took so many pictures of nothing and sent them to my blog while driving. Makes me feel fine you know.
Staying with Amy's family was nice. They prepared delicious food and met us at the door with a beer. It feels good to be around a family sometimes. Certainly it feels good to be inside a house with good food while it's snowing outside.
Being in Flagstaff was certainly nice. I swear I could live in that town with a minimal amount of complaint. There is a nice feeling about being there. The show was a fun show to play. I felt appreciated on several occasions through the night. Probably none more than my head hitting the pillow in our wonderful room. A room where Humphrey Bogart once let his head hit the pillow. I really like Bogie, I enjoy watching his movies, they as well make me feel something that I could call fine.
From all of this happening there seems to be a re-newed push of work happeneing on our new album. This momentum is nice. It's difficult to stay focused in the world in which we currently reside. Let all months be fine ones.

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

Last month RAWKED!!!!