Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sickipedia

Last night there was illness in the house where I reside. Amy was afflicted to an extreme degree with what we gather was some food borne illness. It was quite a rough night. I was convinced early this morning, sometime around 6 or 7, after a night of little to no sleep that I would be making a trip to the hospital. Things did finally let up, allowing her to keep down liquid. I called into work late then slept until 11. I am tired as I type.
Feeling none to with it, I have spent the day investigating remote places of the world on wikipedia. These are places I would love to one day visit. And a person of interest thrown in for good measure.

Tristan da Cunha





St. Helena
- A Doctor's story of living on St. Helena




Ascension Island
-Details of a family's visit to Ascension Island




Leendert Hasenbosch, (c.1695–probably end of 1725) was a Dutchman, an employee of the VOC (Dutch East India Company) who was set ashore as a castaway on uninhabited Ascension Island in the South Atlantic Ocean, as a punishment for sodomy. He wrote a diary until his death.


Falkland Islands






Punta Arenas


1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Sorry to hear about Amy...I know she will be very happy to return to normal, although it may take a few days! Don't forget the yogurt. It took me a while to recognize all the pics from your old website. Thanks for sharing all of the pictures from your trip, too.