Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Watching Weeds Grow

The second season of the Showtime program Weeds came out yesterday and Amy was on the ball in going and picking it up for our enjoyment. I arrived home from work to a great plate of Spaghetti, Salad and little bread balls. We immeadiatly began the viewing of the program. Hour after hour we watched, because that is the best way to watch Television, commercial free and in extreme dedicated concentrated bursts. Lovely. I was reminded of last year when we rented the first season without really knowing anything about the show. I recall the way the bedroom was set up, and how enjoyable it was to take in the whole season in one night, because we are after all extreme freaks.
After about 3 episodes our wine supply dwindled, so we took a short jaunt up the street to Golden Rule Liquor, where we drink unto others, as you would have them drink unto you. I make it a point now to go to Golden Rule Liquor, because they sell Vampire wine and because their staff is fun in a creepy sort of way. I don't even have the luxary of choosing Golden Rule Liquor by virtue of name alone, as the other option is Liquor Time Liqour, How can I be so lucky as to live betwix two of the greatest named liqour stores of all time? It's not that I don't enjoy the staff at LTL, because believe me I do, once an old man was kicked out of the store for accusing me of cutting in line, cause they know I'm a great customer and a balanced human being. Forgive me, I have run on. One other great thing about GRL is that they face the wonderfully bad mural portraits of Marilyn Monroe and James Dean that you see in the background of the photo. Arriving home I was taking notice of the room around me, then I took a photo of the room around me, so I could share that with my future self, and you dear reader.
Weeds is a fun show to watch, our living room was a fine setting to watch it in. Drinking Vampire wine from Golden Rule Liqour adds to the over all feeling of fine in this situation.

No comments: