Monday, July 23, 2007

Stacking the Agenda


Over the past few weeks we've been writing on a song called "Stacked", which will be featured in a documentary about the book tour the author of this book went on. The song is really a bit different from our normal work that people would be familiar with. Those who really know our band though could tell it's lineage. It's int eh vein of our B-sides like "Nutragen" or "Zero Cool". I've been enjoying working on it and imagining it finished.

Here are a few shots of me working on it, because I never post pics of myself at work:

The photo in the background as painted by SG Associate and former member Von. It's called "Julie Can Too". I like it.

It was a warm day yesterday. Amy and I had gone to see that rat/food movie at Dyldog's theater on Saturday night, with Dylan, Bernie, Leah & Bun. Devin attempted to catch it but instead he ended up being 2 minutes late, and at the academy theater that means no go go for Devin.
The movie was very cute and I enjoyed it. Very much in fact.
Actually the evening kicked off well when Amy and I decided to leave a bit early and have Dinner at Pit fire Pizza, which happened to have a fricken' line out the door. Well, we though that was not worth waiting in so we strolled down the street to The Eclectic Cafe where we dined on Stuffed Mushrooms, A strong cheesy pizza and drank Pinot Noir. YUMS. I was a happy lad.

So to complete the skewing of the timeline in this post... After the movie we went home, watched 1 episode of the 4400 and went to bed early. This was nice. It allowed us to awake early the next morning, and begin cleaning our messy hole of an apartment. Amy is more effective at cleaning than I, so I was promptly dismissed and sent on a mission to retrieve Bagels from Noah's on Larchmont, and Champagne and OJ fro Mimosas from Golden Rule Liquor.

We were joined in our bagel feast by Devin, Dylan, Von, Jessica, and Marc. We ate, chatted and then watched the film "Flirting with Disaster", which I very much enjoyed. It was Ben Stiller when he was still capable of displaying relate-able human emotions.

Speaking of that, and while my timeline is fucked, I should mention that last week Amy and I watched "Zero Effect". This has got to be one of my favorite 90's movies. I used to watch it every 5 months or so, and usually by myself. I don't know why no one else ever likes this movie as much as I do. I will now go read about it after this and find out whats up with that.

Anyway, bagels, mimosas and movie finished all peoples departed. Amy continued to clean I began doing what I'm pictured above doing. Playing guitar and taking pictures of myself. I'm playing an Ebow on my trusty Fender Telecaster. It was warm. I drank iced tea.

The song will be in develpment further this week. We shall see what happens.

My agenda is stacked.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Remember to send me the song when you have it ready to go, I am anxious to hear it.