Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Sunny Side Up The Street

I enjoy my street, I'm fond of how it looks. It adds something to my life in the way of psychic good vibrations. It can improve my mood.
The first picture below is not from my street, it's from one block over, Ogden. I snapped it because I found it funny that someone carved Yesir into the tree, which I was thinking of as Yes Sir, now I realize given my neighborhood it was probably just some young Russian gang members name.

The other pics were taken walking back to my apartment from Whole Foods Market. This is as my street looked at 6:15 on April 30th. I had two bottles of wine, some sushi and other assorted snacks. I decided to snap the pictures because I'm always made to take note of how I feel about the palm trees. I like how the perspective blurs big time in at least two of the photos, it fist the purpose of the blog that even a photo should not be exact.

Take not if you will of what I enjoy about West Hollywood's building code, because there is a height restriction you can very seldom see a building from another street when you look up. I think this allows the mind to not feel as trapped in. Even though there is metro for miles in all directions the mind isn't reminded. Lets keep that in mind, it may be nice to live in a tall building, but is it nice enough to fuck up other peoples day?

That last sentence was almost Carrie Bradshaw.







1 comment:

Enneirda said...

As I read your blog, I couldn't help but wonder...