Monday, July 10, 2006

mixing signals


The toil of the modern domestic man can get a person down, but not I, no I shine under such adversity. Not really. I just wanted to start dramatic. In fact the toil of modern domestic life has recently in fact had me down. Certain important weekly or daily chores have felt very distasteful for sometime, and rather than attend to them I and my life partner have found many outlandish and remarkable ways to avoid them. It had prior to this weekend grown to a problem of extreme proportions. Our area of cohabitation was in a state of complete disarray. I could list all of the grievances we committed against being good clean humans but that would be far more than I'd like to cop to on the internet. I'll instead move directly into an area which is much more positive and refreshing, the facts of our recovery from the doom of neglect.
Friday we went out to a movie with many people, and while this could be viewed as just another evening of avoidance I would like to point out that I viewed it as a mustering of energy. By partaking in such idle distraction we were able to call it an early evening and hit the bed at an acceptable weekend hour, in order to sleep extremely well over an impressive period of time. By Saturday we finally obtained the necessary burst of energy to go headlong into a psychotic cleansing frenzy. The horror need not be explained in detail. Suffice to say that it was much work, and there is still much to be done, but at least now you can see there is in fact a floor in the bedroom.
On top of all this SG has resumed the excitement of labor on the fabulous collection of songs that will become "Food Drinks Music". Amy had a nice burst of excellence which yielded words and melody for a particular tune of Devin's which has been around forever, one which had been in working referred to as "Back Yard Wildlife", as of this weekend it is now being called "Now Unthinkable". Pure Dead Brilliant. I now need to stick a guitar part or four.
Also accomplished was work on "The Collection", which is rapidly becoming extremely impressive, so much in fact that it kept me wide awake last night running it's chorus through my head. I have a fun odd guitar part on part of the chorus that just delights me, Devin was so helpful as to clarify a few notes of it for me, se we know it must be good.
This week is birthday week in our WeHo universe. Ryan and Marc both progress in age by round yearly numbers. Much celebration must occur.
Much Laundry must occur.
Much writing and rehearsing and Demoing must occur.
This time next month I will be in Iceland. How cool is that?
In December I will be in Tahiti. How cool is that?

No comments: