Thursday, February 16, 2006

Total Compelling Facts A Person Can Wish For Forward ...


The strange title comes from google. I was googling my own band name, as you do, and I came across that. It's to good. Kind of like how bizarre this camera phone picture to the right is. The picture was taken through a hardware store window while my older brother and I walked around Santa Monica Blvd in dresses handing out flyers to promote our upcoming show at the Cat Club. That was an odd night.
Things have been generally getting better these days, at least on the news front. After our cancellation on Q Tv as referred to rather cryptically in the post below. Many little stuffs are in the works, of course I use restraint because I'm superstitious. I can say that I'm looking forward to a tour in May, and possible some world travel.

We rehearse tonight at Satellite, still our favorite place to make noise. I'm very excited. Our gig Saturday will be on the short side, and all of the songs will be to the point. We are actually just now beginning to re-tool our live sound. Our Prime directives are to fatten things up and give more control over the live mix. The separation of bass lines from the drums and keyboards is a top priority, has been for me for some time. With that accomplished I think our sound will be far more flexible and powerful live. I have also decided to take a plunge and start playing with some guitar effects live, however this will be a very slow transformation as I am financially an infant. In the long run there is hope of replacing our current live sequencer with something far more flexible and controllable and really, just more useful... Maybe something laptopish.

No comments: