Thursday, February 23, 2006

Identify The Self


I think my Great Grandfather on my mother's side is on the far right of this picture. I am not certain. Very little is known about my mother's father's family. Of that which is Known I myself know less. I like this photo a great deal.

This week has been a good productive domestic week. Amy and I have let certain house chores slide for months. The front portion of our apartment has been cleaned and orderly, but the back bedroom has become a cave. The excavations revealed just how deep the filth was. It finally became too much and forced us into action. After working in our separate offices for 8 hours on Tuesday and Thursday we both cam home and dug deep into un-defiling the living quarters. It's been hell. As we've achieved more we have come to see that there is an end to the mess, and a new beginning behind it.

My genuine hope is that at the end of cleaning will be the beginning of creation of a new room, where a person can be allowed to have thoughts that didn't exist in the cramped messy room of yore. Nothing short of a new identity.

that's me on the right, wearing a mask. Because I'm thinking about perception and identity and the self. The photo was taken at MOCA, by good friend Tiger, in the bathroom of the ecstasy exhibit.

No comments: