Friday, February 17, 2006

Carrie's Interview for Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Good Behavior


1. Do you have a bitch/are you someone's bitch?
I have 2 women of intimidating stature who seem to have only my best welfare at heart. They have warned me of certain bullies & said "if any of them steps to you, blood is gonna fly." An exaggeration, but I feel like their bitch.

2. What is the best thing they serve in the cafeteria?
Fried chicken with BBQ Sauce, rice as a side & corn. Plus jello for dessert.

3. What is the most popular television program in Dorm E6?
"American Idol" gets the most viewers, but the most viewed daily is "Girlfriends". Other favorites are "Maury" and "The Jamie Foxx Show".

4. What is your favorite program?
"Passions"! But we never get to watch it. Stupid "Maury" is cross scheduled. The faithful blog readers should be familiar with my passion for the soap. In it's absence I watch "The Simpsons".

5. Have you made any friends on the inside that you would like to remain friends with outside?
One. A prostitute named Kim. She was always super nice to me & Protected me, but not like I was her bitch. Otherwise, people look at me as a little lamb (a stupid lamb) who lost her way and contributed no "Scene Points" to their list of friends.

6. What do you feel is the goal of our current penal system?
Just to shelve them away and not think about them. Invest in private companies the build prisons on government contracts. We don't have enough room.

7. What is the most annoying thing a prison guard can do to an inmate?
Simply talk down to us, act superior. (Hello, I'm out of here in a matter of months - This jail is your LIFE!) I Especially hate when they flaunt their food, too. Like pizza.

8. Do you bet on prison fights?
No! You silly. At least in the women's dorms, the fights are over & done in like 5 seconds. We do more post-fight commentary (i.e. gossip), guessing how many days in the hole they'll get.

9. In what way has your experience differed from Tim Robbins' Character in "the Shawshank Redemption"?
He had it physically worse & suffered from the guards more. Here, there's a lot of red tape & supervision to avoid abuse. Also, he had more friends & he escaped.

10. What food do miss most?
PIZZA! Pizza pizza pizza pizza! With non alcoholic beer. :)

11. Do you get to play basketball or other sports?
We have the opportunity to play basketball, but let's just say that my skills are not up-to-par with the other inmates.

12. Have you been working out?
Thanks for that Oh-So-LA compliment, but no. I'm not gaining weight, but not losing it which is what I wanted.

13. What's the worst time of day in prison?
When they turn on the lights. Out of fun dream land. Flash of realization that YES I'm in jail.

14. Does your family come to visit?
My Aunt, my friend's mom & my old roommate Amy F. My friends either live too far away, or they're giving me the silent treatment.

15. How many people do you get letters from?
About 7

16. How able are you to follow current events in the pen?
We get Sunday newspapers; Occasionally we watch the news (especially if there's a gang shooting & they might now someone)

17. What do people on the inside call prison?
"On Lock" or "On Lockdown"
House of Correction = Hoes Out of Control

18. Is prison clicky? Like high School?
Very much. People are very quick to "prove loyalty" by jumping to defend a "friend", but it's very transparent. There's a lot of cursing and "stepping up" to a fight.

19. If you could have any job when you get out what job would it be?
Real estate investor, then stay-at-home mom! Screw Offices (I Hear that)
*side note from buck: I was surprised to not see Shitting Glitter Drummer here. I hear from Devin that you found the response of the Glitters to be lacking whenever this subject was brought up. I assure you that no member meant to be discouraging. We would love nothing more than to have you step up and fill this roll. I will say that it's not an easy thing to learn an instrument and learn all about how to play that instrument in a group dynamic. It's certainly not impossible, but it really takes love, and the drive needs to come from the person because they love it and are obsessed with playing their instrument, and then further obsessed with playing in a band full of obsessed people. My apology if the wrong idea came across.

20. What's the general attitude there towards the war on terror?
war on whuh?

21. What does your prison issue uniform look like?
Navy Blue pants, no pockets, elastic

22. Do they open all your mail? Do they read it?
Yes, but they just kind of shake the papers to make sure nothing falls out. (Oo, I feel so much safer that way)

23. Who really runs the place?
The County of Milwaukee...For now.

24. What kind of neighborhood is the prison in?
Farmland

25. While growing up did you ever think you would do time?
Yes, in middle school I put it on my list of "Things to do before I die" , along with "get in a fist fight" and "skydive". I was such a dumb fuck in middle school.



Final note from Carrie - Thank you for reading Brandon's very inciteful Carrie interview. I like this format. I'd welcome any other questions from anyone. (Devin, Amy, Hoagie...Mysterious Lurker? Come Inside, it's warm in here.)

No comments: