Monday, March 07, 2005

Eva Mae

My Grandmother passed away on Saturday. I got the phone call while driving back to Hollywood from the valley. It was of course a shock, but not a huge surprise. My grandmother was diagnosed w/ Alzheimer's over 10 years ago, in effect she has been dead for sometime. I loved her very much, she was a kind gentle being with a very specific sensibility. She was a force without applying any pressure.
She grew up on a farm in rural western Kansas where she spent most of her life. As a young woman she attended school in Emporia Kansas where she earned her teaching certificate. Upon Graduation she moved back to western Kansas to teach school in a one room school, very little house on the prairie if I do say so. She was the only adult on the premises so she was not only responsible for all education but also simple maintenance, such as keeping the coal powered stove going in the dead of winter. Later she married her husband of over 5o years, Earnest Strecker and started a family with four kids, the youngest being my Father.
Growing up Grandma and Grandpa Strecker lived less than 10 miles from our farm, this allowed us many afternoon visits. I recall being rather well fed during stays at grandma's.


+++++
All tracking was completed this weekend for the Lady Slipper Single. Tonight I help Devin move and Mixing begins Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 comment:

Brandonbodt said...

The Lady Slipper single should now well be on it's way to us, I am very proud of it, it's the most even and professional recording I have ever done. I enjoyed working with Haogie to mix it and more than anything I am pleased that it carries a dedication to my Grandmother.