Friday, August 13, 2004

Wound Dead

Play and record over and over amounting to nothing more than good solid practice because my fucking acoustic guitar strings were dead dead dead. I certainly knew better, but I recorded it anyway, I guess just teaching myself a lesson about letting the strings stay on the guitar far too long. Before the poverty I would change my acoustic strings weekly, but that was prior to having to change electric strings before every show, and prior to the poverty.
The point was that I was working on the b-sides for the IW 6 single last night and I was unable to use anything because the strings just sounded bad.
On a good sounding note Amy did a scratch vocal for the minimal version of IW 6 and it sounded wonderful! I think it's going to turn out to be one of my favorite recordings.

No comments: