Friday, August 20, 2004

Anarchy in the Library and other things

We had a show a couple nights ago at the Anarchy Library in Downey, we played with The Skates which is Melissa from M.Q. Musik's new band. It was a fun time. The Skates are doing a very unique thing and I look forward to seeing more from them. Our set was decent but I was not all up to the task of playing an entire set. My hands were rather tired and my picking arm is starting to rub itself raw on the body of my guitar, it is an occasional problem where my arm gets lazy and or something, it can be really rather painful. This is the second time we've played the A.L., it's oddly one of my favorite places to play. The owner is very serious about his bar, but does seem to love us. He has showered us in free booze on both occasions of our playing there. I wasn't very pleased with the way he treated Melissa, they had a few feedback problems caused by a set up thingy issue and he was very blunt in incorrectly blaming it on the music itself. I took particular annoyance at someone questioning the artistic merit of a band in their second ever live performance, simply because they had issues with equipment not being up to the task of meeting the needs of their creation. He went so far as to speak on behalf of most of Europe and America, delivering their message that apparently The Skates will not be well received.... On and on with no respect for personal space, not nice things to say in such a manner. Don't speak for me please, and let Europe make up their own mind, Downey is not the seat of the universe, The Skates are a unique band with good songs and that is all that matters, a little feedback never really ruins anyone's good time.
Last night was easy breezy, dinner at Marco's in WeHo, listening to Amy and asking a few questions. My how I love the evening meal.
Sleeping hard under the influence of pot and little golden sleeping pills, dreaming very lightly about things I know. Waking up hard to cuddle and go back to sleep, waking up just as hard 38 minutes later. Leaving the house very late this morning, walking very fast to make up for it.
It seems I am always walking fast to account for my lack of a vehicle. In the evenings a new routine has developed, I take the 217 from the Hollywood/Highland station to Fairfax and Sixth, from there I walk down sixth towards Sweetzer to meet Amy. I could scarcely find a better street for walking then Sixth in this part of town. The tree lined street flashes cozy apartment buildings that appeal to me. I walk fast, even through this peaceful wealth because I am excited to see Amy and get in a car.

1 comment:

Brandonbodt said...

I am taking up the task of reading my own blog today, in preperation for it's One year birthday. I do think it worth noting that the skates did in fact break up after this very show, or at least Todd, the DJ left. MQ still does cary the banner and there are not anymore feedback problems.