Thursday, July 01, 2004

Fence Post

I'm in a halfway way mood, kind of annoyed at some things, kind of excited, kind of tired but feeling much better rested than yesterday.
Two nights ago we had a birthday celebration for a friend, M.Q. from M.Q. Musik. The event took place at the Spaghetti Factory, it was all rather fabulous. I myself had never before been to the S.F., I found the high ceilings to be very exciting. Dinner was charming as I found myself sitting next to Todd, who travels around making music with machines, and his wife Kerri, who puts music to T.V.. Turns out that Kerri is a drummer, so of course we in S.G. decided to speak to her about our desires for a drummer, she in turn related her desires to be in a band again after a year lapse. We casually spoke of "jamming" in the near future. How delighted would I be to play again with a drummer!
Last night the exhaustion from sleep deprivation neared it's pitch. Amy and I went to Benvenudo in WeHo for a fabulous dinner and happy hour. Swilling beer and pasta on the roof top patio, soaking in the gloaming. The clear blue light of the sky had me reminded of my last weeks in Hays, Ks. prior to my first move to California. It was spring then and a little chilly, and I seemed to always have the time and desire to walk out along the creek near my house, just as the sun was setting. I had a sense of the huge changes undertaking my life at that time, and it was nice to be awake and alive, feeling cool air on my skin and open thoughts in my mind. I had that same sense last night, feeling very open and aware of the idea that life can always offer up a proper surprise.

No comments: