Monday, July 19, 2004

The Sunny Side of the Street

It was real nice this weekend, waking up in the middle of the night because the room was filling up with bees, searching the room for my girlfriend, my very allergic to bees girlfriend. She is nowhere to be found, the bees have doubled 40 times over, I am screaming. I must get out of the room. I cannot run fast enough. I bolt out of the bedroom and through the front room, I tare the chain away, Twist at the bolt. I am screaming loud enough to let god know what he is doing to me.
And then it all changes. Amy is behind me. I have been asleep. The cat is now, nowhere to be found. He has squeezed himself betwixt the refridgerator and the cabinet. Henry is pulled out with a gentle hand of tuna. It is hard to go back to sleep, knowing that I must finish out the R.E.M. cycle that brought on such horror.

And then when finally I am awakened again, it's by the call of the wild, and an odd misplaced desire to hit the beach. Lots of sun, and beer bust at the Friendship (the only gay bar on the beach). Another wasted dinner at the Coyote.

No comments: